BBoB Travel Disruptions in Relation to COVID-19: March, April 2020 Tours Canceled

Update: 03/27/2020

In response to the travel restrictions and government advisories in the United States and Europe, we are current unable to deliver our tours.

We fear that these restrictions will not be lifted until July 1, and even in the event that they are lessened, our first priority is for our passengers and team to be safe, healthy and free from uncertainty. Therefore, we would like to inform you that, in line with the growing travel restrictions BBoB appears to be banned from delivering all departures until June 30, 2020.

As we are all in this very difficult situation together, we would like to provide as much flexibility to our passengers as possible.

You can now postpone your long-awaited BBoB tour with no cancellation or rebooking fees or other additional costs. Please find our 2021 tours and dates available on our website and select your favorite one. Please send your selected 2021 tour to with your 2020 tour details to start the process of postponing your vacation.

If you are unsure about your 2021 travel plans, you can also take your time to decide with ease of mind: have your booking's full value accredited to you in the form of a BBoB creditthat can be applied to any future tours in 2021.

We are working our hardest to reschedule with the local suppliers, hotels, restaurants and guides for the affected tours in order to provide our passengers with a suitable solution.

We are still asking for your patience as our team works with limited resources due to our office being shut down following government protocol. We are working to responding to all the past and future messages coming in, however the significantly increased volume may make our response take a longer time than usual.

The BBoB team would like to thank you for your continuous support and patience in these difficult days. Please keep checking our website for continuous updates and stay safe and strong with your loved ones in these challenging times.

Update: 03/18/2020

We are currently not working or available. All our operations have ceased for the moment because of the COVID-19 crisis. We are following the instructions of the government regarding this outbreak, and our entire team is practicing isolation for the health and safety of our community in the United States and Europe as well.

We are hoping to be fully back to business as usual by the end of April. As soon as we are operating again, we will contact our passengers and help them with their inquiries. As the situation is changing every day there is no set date for when this will happen, so we are kindly asking for your patience in the meantime.

Please keep checking, where we will be sharing constant updates with the latest information about our tours and operations. We will post our offices' reopening dates once we are able to confirm them and will notify you as soon as we can say anything definite about our future tour departures. In the meantime, we are staying hopeful and wishing for a better tomorrow.

Update: 03/13/2020

Further to our correspondence yesterday, we would like to announce that due to the growing preventative measures relating to the COVID-19 outbreak, our American office will be temporarily closed.

This decision has not been taken lightly. One member of our team is showing signs of illness and has been in close quarters with the remainder of the team. Additionally, The City of Tampa, FL, where our office is based, has declared a state of emergency as of March 12, 2020. Following this statement and our potential exposure, we are suspending US operations to do our part for the public health and prevent further spread of COVID-19.

Unfortunately, for the duration of our closure we will not be able to answer our phone lines, which are based in our offices. We will still be available via e-mail: please reach out to us at, and one of our team members will respond to you as soon as possible. Please note that we are currently receiving a high volume of inquiries, given the situation at hand, so it may take somewhat longer than usual to respond to you and we sincerely appreciate your patience.

As soon as we feel it is prudent and possible to resume onsite operations, we will reopen our offices and the phone lines will be available again. Please check the website for our continuous updates.

Update: 03/12/2020

As of March 11, 2020, significantly stronger measures have been put in place around the world as we gain a greater understanding of the novel coronavirus outbreak, which has been classified as a pandemic by the World Health Organization. Most notably, President Donald Trump has announced a thirty-day travel restriction to protect American citizens. This measure, and many others, have been taken for the good of the people both in America and in the affected countries around the world.

Here at BBoB, the health and safety of our passengers and team are our number one priority. As the severity of the situation has become clearer and the risk level has grown, we have made the decision to cancel all of our tour departures in March and April, 2020. We have come to this significant decision for the first time in our company history because we are entirely focused on the wellbeing of our passengers, our staff, and our auxiliary partners. At present, tour departures after April 30, 2020 are still expected to go forward, but this is an evolving situation so we will be issuing continuous updates to keep our community informed.

In light of this extraordinary situation, we are happy to work with you to find the best postponement and rebooking opportunities in order to ensure that you will be able to make your journey at a time when we can all be confident in the safety of international travel. In certain circumstances we are also able to explore possible alternative solutions to rebooking, but please be aware that these may take longer to process.

In these unprecedented circumstances, we appreciate your patience and trust as we work through every detail, and we offer our guarantee that this is the first item on our agenda. Processing the details and agreements will take time, but we are dedicated to finding the best possible solution regarding how and when you might travel for every affected individual.

Please check back here for travel updates, and do not hesitate to contact us directly if you believe your tour will be affected. We will face this challenge with optimism and courage, in true American fashion, and will act with complete transparency as we gain new information about this rapidly evolving situation.

Tours Affected

  • 11-Day Vietnam War Tour (March 21-March 31, 2020)
  • 9-Day American Civil War Tour – March to the Sea (April 22-April 30, 2020)
  • 11-Day Italian Campaign Tour (April 25-May 5, 2020)
  • 11-Day Normandy to Nuremberg Tour (April 25-May 5, 2020)
  • 5-Day Normandy Invasion Tour, following dates:
    • March 21-March 25, 2020
    • April 11-April 15, 2020
    • April 18-April 22, 2020
    • April 25-April 29, 2020
  • 4-Day Normandy Invasion on a Budget Tour, following dates:
    • March 28-March 31, 2020
    • April 1-April 4, 2020
    • April 5-April 8, 2020

Summary of actions we have taken to safeguard our passengers:

  • All tour departures between March 11-April 30, 2020 have been canceled.
  • We will issue continuous travel updates as the situation evolves in case future tours are also affected.
  • We are offering increased flexibility and direct support regarding rebooking and tour postponement for affected passengers.
  • We are constantly re-evaluating our tour calendar and itineraries in order to provide you with the best, safest travel opportunities when it is safe to travel again.
  • We are in regular contact with medical professionals and local experts in order to maintain an understanding of the situation in our operative regions, and we will continue consulting with them and monitoring the global response as we evaluate our next steps.

Frequently asked questions about COVID-19 (Coronavirus 2019)

1) What is BBoB doing in reaction to the COVID-19 outbreak?
We are closely monitoring the virus outbreak; contingency plans have been prepared in case our itineraries need to be changed due to the virus. We are also in daily contact with our local guides to ensure that we have all the latest information and understand how severe any risks are to our passengers.
2) What if something happens on the tour?
Our Tour Managers, using a combination of extensive training, incident response planning and experience, will help manage any emergencies that may arise on tour, including but not limited to personal health concerns, injuries or accidents. They will arrange assistance from outside specialists and work closely with local authorities to help solve on the ground issues. Additionally, our team is dedicated to and trained for the facilitation of communication between travelers and their families in the event of an emergency.
3) I am concerned about traveling later this year, what should I do?
Our recommendation is to see how the situation develops before making any decisions. Our flexible cancellation policy allows you up until 31 days before the tour to cancel and receive at least a 50% refund.
4) Why can't I get a full refund?
In order to give you the highest quality tour at the lowest price, we make large volumes of bookings for hotels, guides and meals months, or even years, in advance. For this reason, BBoB has designed its cancellation polices to account for the investments we make in your tour long before it departs.
5) What options does our group have if we want to change our tour date?
You are more than welcome to postpone your tour to a later date. In light of the global travel restricitons, tour postponements can be arranged with no extra fees. Please email our team today at to learn more about the options available for postponing your tour.
6) What does my Travelex insurance cover?
For questions about coverage, please review the policies or contact Travelex Insurance Services at 1- 888-574-7026 or email and refer to location number 17-0062.